Friday, September 6, 2024

The Mountains Were Calling - Solo Alps Hiking Adventure - Soave, Sirmione, and Como

After having the time of my life last summer in the Dolomites, I knew that I was going to have to make a trip to the Alps in the summertime an annual tradition. I was tempted to just do the exact same thing again this year, but wanted to see new places too, so I expanded my area a little bit and dipped into Switzerland for a few days to explore some new trails. I also went 2 weeks earlier in the year, hoping to time it just right for epic wildflower enjoyment. 

I flew into Venice and set off west. There was a crazy thunderstorm over the alps that delayed and diverted my flight from London and I ended up driving right into it. It was one of the craziest storms I've ever seen and we all had to pull over on the side of the highway because it was raining so hard with lightning flashing every second or two. I finally made it to my motel in Soave, just outside of Verona, for the night and then went out to a restaurant for pizza before calling it a night. 

My first full day, I got up early, ate breakfast, and then walked around Soave.




I then drove to Lago Di Garda and walked around Sirmione. It was holiday weekend and about 90 degrees so the town was absolutely packed with people, but I had a great time just exploring the town, going through the little shops, and grabbing a bite to eat overlooking the lake. I booked a room at the cutest little Bed and Breakfast up in the mountains overlooking the lake and it was absolutely adorable. 




From there I drove to Como. I stayed on the western side but it was eastern side that was soooo pretty. I spent a couple of hours walking through Como, drove around, and got an afternoon snack overlooking the lake, and then high-tailed it to the mountains! 



Archive